Jewish Mementos in Vas Comitatus

Rábahídvég

The only status quo community of the comitatus was in Rábahídvég. The cadastral land register of 1909 shows that the Jewish community was owner of a synagogue on a 130 square fathom property and of a 286 square fathom property with a bath house. The synagogue went into private hands after the war, it was altered to offer commercial space and housing, then torn down. An apartment complex has been constructed on the site.

Not even a cemetery holds the memory of the Jews of Rábahídvég.

by Johannes Scholem Graf & Alexandra Vogt

2012.07.06